OTHER IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION:
Please be aware and respectful of the fact that wait times will be longer than usual. While we make every effort to remain on schedule, it is sometimes not possible. Abusive language and behaviour towards our staff & doctor will absolutely not be tolerated. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time.
As Ontario embarks on its road to re-opening, we will closely monitor what this means for us as a clinic and how it will affect our clients and patients. We understand how difficult it has been this last 14 months to bring your pets to us and drop them off at the door. We know how deeply you care for your fur babies and how much you want to be inside to comfort them during their visits. Until further notice, the clinic will remain on lockdown & we will do our very best to comfort your pets in your stead.
FACE MASKS REMAIN MANDATORY BOTH INSIDE & OUTSIDE.
- Thank you to all of our clients who have been so patient with us throughout these last few months. We have had increased wait times & busy phone signals when you try to call – we apologize for this tremendous inconvenience.
- For payment: We now have a wireless debit/credit machine, which we can bring outside at your convenience. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit, cash and e-transfers.
- Grooming: Our grooming salon is open for business. Please try as best as you can to pre-book your pet(s) appointments.
- Surgery: We continue to perform both elective and non-elective procedures. We are currently booking a minimum of 8 weeks in advance. Please try your best to pre-book your pets for their spay and neuter procedures and we will do our best to accommodate our patients’ needs.
- Hours: From Monday-Friday, we are open from 9:00am – 7:00pm. On Saturday, we are open from 9:00am – 2:00pm.
- For grooming, surgery, and other drop-off appointments, drop-off is between 9:00 – 9:30am.
- You can email us: CanyonHillAnimalHospital@gmail.com
If you have any symptoms of illness (e.g. coughing, sniffling, fever, etc.) *DO NOT* come to the clinic.
If you have recently traveled, *DO NOT* come to the clinic.
If you have recently interacted with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, *DO NOT* come to the clinic.